Temporary Research Assistant
The Center for WorkLife Law is hiring a Temporary Research Assistant. The Research Assistant will work under the supervision of the Research Director to collect and catalogue research pertaining to current and past projects of the Center. The Research Assistant will compile citations, articles, and information to develop the Center’s database of research. Substantive areas include employment discrimination, labor law, gender and racial bias, and work-life balance.
This is a temporary 3-6 month assignment. Hours range from 10-20 hrs/week, depending on availability and project needs. Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
- Maintain a master database where articles are stored for researchers
- Create an organization system for research articles
- Categorize research according to subject
- Identify and correct any incorrect or missing information in the database
- Obtain research articles that have been identified as relevant
- Collaborate with WLL researchers across projects to address research storage needs
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or completed, particularly in a field of study relevant to the research being conducted such as political science, social work, sociology, psychology, business etc.
- A minimum of two years of relevant research or work experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience reading academic material and keeping accurate and detailed records and notes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to support the work of others
- A commitment to WLL’s values and its philosophy of principled pragmatism in defense of women’s advancement and work-life balance for both men and women
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and two references to Rachel Korn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for WorkLife Law is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities please email email@example.com to inquire. Be sure to include a copy of your resume.