The Center for WorkLife Law is hiring a Development Associate. The Development Associate will support the Center’s development and fiscal activities, reporting to the Director of Women’s Leadership and the Deputy Director. The Development Associate will assist the Director of Women’s Leadership with administrative support, schedule coordination, and planning relating to the Center’s income-generating programs to advance women leaders in law and business. The Development associate will provide support for special events, Board affairs, outreach, funder research, and other fundraising-related activities. The Development Associate will also be responsible for managing the Center’s finances, budgets, and vendor contracts, under the supervision of the Deputy Director and in coordination with other Hastings staff. The Development Associate will occasionally assist with general administrative support, along with research relating to funding and/or revenue-generating programs.
This is a one-year temporary contract appointment, with the possibility of renewal depending on availability of funding. Hiring salary is $47,788.
- Special Events – Work with the Founding Director, Director of Women’s Leadership, and key affiliates to plan and provide administrative support for various events and speaking engagements; assist with scheduling, outreach, preparation of materials, post-event outreach, and other aspects of event coordination; provide support for major conferences and training programs including Hastings Leadership Academy for Women and Cutting Edge Conference in the weeks leading up to the event.
- Women’s Leadership Edge membership program – Assist with coordination of keynote speaking events, including scheduling and travel coordination; oversee member payments including billing, invoicing and working with other Development staff to communicate with members to ensure member payments; provide technical support for webinars.
- Websites and social media– Maintain, edit, and update websites, manage the Center’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- Administrative Support – Assist Director of Women’s Leadership and Director with scheduling and communications.
- Grants – Support senior staff in grant application and reporting processes, conduct research to identify new sources of funding, and assist with funding strategy/outreach.
- Finance – Duties relating to finance include:
- Track and maintain WorkLife Law budgets and accounts (soft and hard funding);
- Work with Deputy Director to coordinate fiscal activities associated with WorkLife Law, including tracking expenses, processing payments to vendors, submitting travel and expense reimbursement requests, processing vendor invoices, preparing expense reports, and assisting with preparation of annual and mid-year budget reports;
- Prepare and track vendor contracts;
- Understand and comply with the College’s financial policies and procedures; ensure expenses are properly accounted for to facilitate month-end and year-end close;
- Administer the fiscal aspects of the Center’s grants, including assisting in developing budgets for grant proposals and preparing fiscal reports to funders; and reconcile grantor funding to the College’s records;
- Prepare consultant contracts and contract amendments and coordinate with consultants on fiscal matters;
- Assist Deputy Director with additional activities related to HR and payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record (degree in gender studies, psychology, sociology, labor studies, or a related field is a plus);
- Between one and four years of work experience is preferred;
- Proven track record of high performance within an office environment or other work environment (experience in non-profit or development setting is preferred);
- Experience in client- or customer-facing role preferred;
- Experience managing social media and online presence is a plus;
- Experience with grant application and reporting processes is a plus;
- Interest in and commitment to gender equity issues and/or workers’ rights preferred.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Impeccable attention to detail required;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments from different supervisors at once and prioritize work appropriately in deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to perform under pressure;
- Familiarity with social media for organizational accounts;
- Familiarity with event planning, fundraising, board management, or other development-related knowledge preferred;
- Excellence in research and writing;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel), WordPress, Twitter, LinkedIn, Salesforce, and ability to pick up other software and applications quickly;
- Ability to credibly, clearly, professionally, and reliably communicate with colleagues and individuals inside and outside of the organization – both orally and in writing;
- Desire to take initiative and ownership over projects;
- Flexible, can-do attitude, and willingness to wear multiple hats;
- Keen sense of judgment and tact;
- A commitment to WLL’s values and mission.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation-related, healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- University of California Retirement Plan (defined benefit)
- Deferred Compensation Plans/Pre-tax Retirement Savings Programs
- Fourteen paid holidays per year
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Anna Garfink at email@example.com.
Failure to provide the information as required on the application form including attaching a cover letter and a resume shall immediately disqualify an applicant from employment consideration.
The Center for WorkLife Law is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. Be sure to include a copy of your resume.