Designed for Women Law Firm Partners *
The Leadership Academy is designed for women law firm partners who are current leaders, aspire to leadership, or are identified by their firms as emerging leaders.
Leadership in law firms requires special skills, strategies, and mindsets. Women law firm leaders also need confidence and support to face the challenges of leading teams and organizations where they are in the minority. The Leadership Academy provides interactive instruction, practical guidance, collaborative learning and network building opportunities to prepare women for leadership. It enables women to achieve their potential and their ambitions, and to become the extraordinary leaders their law firms need in order to thrive.
Program Design, Curriculum and Pricing
- A faculty that includes General Counsel and distinguished educators from law, business, and academia to ensure a rich and engaging learning experience.
- Practical, hands-on classes that provide learning you will be able to put to immediate use.
- Interactive teaching methods that convey course material and ideas with greatest impact.
- One full day of programming that includes senior in-house counsel.
- Peer-group interaction, collaborative small group learning activities, and social hours to encourage networking with program participants, corporate counsel, and faculty.
- Quarterly follow-up conference calls throughout the year to support ongoing leadership and network development with other Leadership Academy alumnae.
- Build robust networks and strong client relationships
- Leverage your strengths and create leadership opportunities
- Use the economic and political dynamics of your firm to your advantage
- Recognize and manage the impact of gender dynamics on your career
- Obtain appropriate credit and compensation for your contributions to your firm
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Develop and project a leadership style that is authentic and effective
- Setting and achieving leadership goals
- Compensation systems
- Building business value in social networks
- Effective business development
- Leading difficult conversations
- Negotiating for yourself
- How women in law firms can help their clients advance
- Women in leadership: challenges and strategies
- Projecting confidence and credibility
- Leading with your best self
- $7,000 General - 1st Participant, Early Registration - before May 23
- $6,500 General - Additional Participants, Early Registration - before May 23
- $6,500 Women's Leadership Edge Sponsoring Member Registration, 1st Participant
- $3,250 Women's Leadership Edge Sponsoring Member Registration, Additional Participants
- $6,500 Women's Leadership Edge Supporting Member Registration, 1st Participant
- $6,000 Women's Leadership Edge Supporting Member Registration, Additional Participants
The Leadership Academy has a distinguished faculty of practitioners and professors from law firms, corporate legal departments, consulting firms, law schools, and business schools. See below for a selected list of 2013 faculty:
Ida Abbott, JD, President, Ida Abbott Consulting; Faculty Fellow, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Cara Hale Alter, MFA, President, Speechskills
Mary Cranston, JD, Firm Senior Partner and former Chair and CEO, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Emily Epstein, Principal, Oakbay Consulting
Carol Frohlinger, JD, Managing Partner, Negotiating Women
Sara Holtz, JD, Principal, ClientFocus
Mika Mayer, JD, Partner, Morrison & Foerster
Ashleigh Shelby Rosette, PhD, CPA, Associate Professor, The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Joan C. Williams, JD, 1066 Foundation Chair, Distinguished Professor of Law and Director, Center for WorkLife Law, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
For additional information about the Leadership Academy, call 415-581-8826.
* The Leadership Academy is designed for women law firm partners but is open to all law firm partners regardless of gender.