Designed for Women Law Firm Partners *
The Leadership Academy is designed for women law firm partners who are current leaders, aspire to leadership, or are identified by their firms as emerging leaders.
Leadership in law firms requires special skills, strategies, and mindsets. Women law firm leaders also need confidence and support to face the challenges of leading teams and organizations where they are in the minority. The Leadership Academy provides interactive instruction, practical guidance, collaborative learning and network building opportunities to prepare women for leadership. It enables women to achieve their potential and their ambitions, and to become the extraordinary leaders their law firms need in order to thrive.
Program Design, Curriculum and Faculty List
- A faculty that includes General Counsel and distinguished educators from law, business, and academia to ensure a rich and engaging learning experience.
- Practical, hands-on classes that provide learning you will be able to put to immediate use.
- Interactive teaching methods that convey course material and ideas with greatest impact.
- One full day of programming that includes senior in-house counsel.
- One day of parallel programming for Leadership Academy alumnae.
- Peer-group interaction, collaborative small group learning activities, and social hours to encourage networking with program participants, corporate counsel, faculty, and Leadership Academy alumnae.
- Quarterly follow-up conference calls throughout the year to support ongoing leadership development.
- Build robust networks and strong client relationships
- Leverage your strengths and create leadership opportunities
- Use the economic and political dynamics of your firm to your advantage
- Recognize and manage the impact of gender dynamics on your career
- Obtain appropriate credit and compensation for your contributions to your firm
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Develop and project a leadership style that is authentic and effective
- Setting and achieving leadership goals
- Compensation systems
- Building business value in social networks
- Effective business development
- Leading difficult conversations
- Negotiating for yourself
- How women in law firms can help their clients advance
- Women in leadership: challenges and strategies
- Projecting confidence and credibility
- Leading with your best self
To register by mail, print out the registration form and mail it with a check to the address at the bottom of the form. In-house attorneys and alumnae of previous Leadership Academies are invited to attend the program on Friday, July 26, 2013.
- $7,500 for single registrant.
- $7,000 for each additional registrant from the same firm.
Firms that are members of the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance are entitled to a discount on all registrations.
SEE CHART BELOW FOR EARLY REGISTRATION PRICES GOOD THROUGH MAY 24th.
Registration Fee includes the Academy, all program materials, three breakfasts, three lunches, two receptions, one dinner and refreshment breaks.
MCLE Credit Information: This activity has been approved for 10.25 hours of California MCLE credit, 5.25 of which qualify for “Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession” credit, by the University of California Hastings College of the Law. For other jurisdictions, please check with your licensing entity for possible reciprocity.
Hotel Information: A limited number of rooms will be available at a discounted rate at a local hotel. Please call 415-565-4640 for further information.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing by June 21 to receive a full refund. Cancellations received between June 22 and July 5 are subject to a 30% cancellation fee; those received between July 6 and 19 are subject to a 60% cancellation fee. There is no refund for cancellations made after July 19. Substitution of another partner in the firm can be made any time before the start of the program for no additional fee.
For additional information about the Leadership Academy, call 415-565-4640.
* The Leadership Academy is designed for women law firm partners but is open to all law firm partners regardless of gender.